We all love having a cute little kitten and many of us wish that they stayed tiny forever. Luckily there are some cat breeds that stay small even when they are fully grown. Check out this list of our 7 smallest cat breeds that still have a larger than life attitude.
1. Singapura The Singapura holds the crown for the smallest cat breed with many not weighing more than 2 kg. They have a small muscular frame and are very agile which means they are constantly getting into mischief.
2. Munchkin Munchkin cats are small because of a gene mutation that has made their legs shorter than normal. Their bodies are medium in size but their shoulder height is very low to the ground which makes them one of our smallest breeds. Munchkins are surprisingly agile and although they can’t jump very well they are incredibly fast over ground.
3. Cornish Rex Cornish Rex cats are a small breed that are best known for their unusual coat. They possess only the ‘down’ hair which makes up the undercoat of a normal cat so they are incredibly soft and have hypoallergenic properties.
4. Devon Rex Like the Cornish Rex; the Devon Rex’s coat is made up of just the ‘down’ hair so they are also very soft to the touch. Another trait that the two breeds share is their small frame which is why they both made it onto our smallest cats list.
5. American Curl American Curl cats are smaller than average but are most recognisable by their ears which curl back towards the skull (unlike the Scottish Fold whose ears fold forwards). They tend to weigh less than 5 kg but individuals may vary a lot because of a diverse gene pool.
6. Siamese Siamese cats have quite a long body but have made it onto the list because they are such a lightweight breed. These cats usually weigh less than 5 kg but possess a lithe and athletic frame.
7. Balinese The Balinese shares a lot of traits with the Siamese which is unsurprising when you learn that a Balinese is essentially a purebred longhaired Siamese. For this reason you won’t be shocked to hear that the Balinese rarely weighs more than 5kg and shares the same build as the Siamese (if you can see under all that fur).