25 fun facts about cats. People these days like to talk down about the noble cat. Most of them say that they're dog people and that cats are boring. "Ooh, you can't take them out on walks" we hear them say. Well, we're about to make you do a complete 180 dog lover. Keep watching and we'll tell you some of the most fun facts about cats.
#CatFacts #Cats #Pets
Timestamps: Intro 0:00 1. The Saviour Cat: 1:05 2. Expert Mouse Hunters: 1:32 3. Fat Bottomed Felines: 1:59 4. Fat Kitty: 2:26 5. Killers Cats: 2:45 6. Eye Contact: 3:07 7. Paging Doctor Cat: 3:33 8. Spooky Kittens: 3:50 9. Kitty Delivery: 4:11 10. FlyingFeline: 4:32 11. Love Between Species: 4:53 12. They Hear You: 5:13 13. The Psychic Kitten: 5:37 14. O Britannia: 6:06 15. Why Do They Meow?: 6:24 16. Death Row Pets: 6:42 17. Since The Dawn Of Man: 7:02 18. The King Of Pets: 7:29 19. The Healthy Choice: 7:54 20. Crazy Cat Man: 8:22 21. A Group Of Cats: 8:56 22. What's The Difference?: 9:27 23. Left Or Right?: 10:00 24. Always Land On Their Feet: 10:39 25. Mayor Stubbs: 11:06
Summary: 1. The Saviour Cat. This inspiring tale about a feline who rescued a human infant shows that cats make such great pets. As the story goes, a cat in Russia named Masha saved a baby’s life. It found the baby abandoned in a box outside in the winter and the kitty went inside the box to keep the child warm.
2. Expert Mouse Hunters. Did you know that at night, Disneyland employees work to keep the pest problem under control? Working around the clock, these dedicated Disney workers are on constant patrol for nasty rodents. They're also very cute and speak in ""meows". If you hadn't figured it out already, the employees are stray cats.
3. Fat Bottomed Felines. Freddie Mercury was a huge cat lover. His solo album in 1985 was dedicated to his cats and “all the cat lovers across the universe, screw everyone else.” I wonder how many kittens are in that new Bohemian Rhapsody movie? Who knows, maybe the reason their up for an Oscar is due to the cat influence.
4. Fat Kitty. The Guinness World Records have stopped awarding anything that discourages deliberate overfeeding, including the award for fattest cats. Sorry, Garfield but it looks like you just lost one of your greatest claims to fame.
5. Killers Cats. Ever wonder why your cat always brings you dead animals? Well, they’re natural born hunters and they keep their keen hunting skills that their ancestors had. When your kitty presents you with a trophy, make sure that you thank it with a nice "meow".
6. Eye Contact. Cat people are going to love this one because they're always convinced they can "talk to their cat". Well, turns out you're not crazy. Cats do a lot of communicating with their eyes. When they slowly blink at you or do a kind of wink, that means that they recognize you as their owner and trust you.
7. Paging Doctor Cat. Physicist Jack Hetherington made his cat him the coauthor of his paper because he accidentally wrote “we” instead of “I” throughout the paper and didn’t want to change it. Wow, what an incredible display of laziness. It would be like if we didn't even finish this fun fa.
8. Spooky Kittens. A lot of shelters don’t allow people to adopt black cats during the month of October, in fear that people will torture or sacrifice them on Halloween. Jeez! Poor kittens, you weirdo witches, and devil worshipers leave those poor cats alone!
9. Kitty Delivery. In 1879, people decided to try and get cats to deliver the mail in Belgium. It didn’t last long and wasn’t successful in the least. Maybe if you had them deliver dead birds and hairballs, but otherwise you'd probably be out of luck.
10. FlyingFeline. Walter Wellman brought his cat when he and his friends tried to cross the Atlantic Ocean in an Airship. The first ever inflight radio transmission was “Roy, come and get this goddamn cat.” Huh, makes you wonder what the cat was doing.
11. Love Between Species. Koko the “talking” gorilla has a love for babies; kittens, to be exact. This past year, she asked for a kitten and got it. Sadly, the kitten died and the gorilla is now grieving. Heartbreaking!
12. They Hear You. Cats can actually recognize their owners voice but have never actually evolved to care about acknowledging them. A little heartless, but it’s not their fault. They're like angsty teenagers– they can totally hear you telling them to stop, they just don't care.